Skip to sections. Skip to content.


UCLA Graduate Division

File Your Thesis or Dissertation

Ready to File?

Before you start:

  • Make sure your manuscript follows the formatting and filing guidelines.
  • If you need the name on your thesis or dissertation to be different than your official university name, change your official university name through the Registrar's Office.
  • Make sure you are either registered for the quarter in which you wish to file, or are on filing fee status.

During the filing process, you can choose your publishing agreement, register your copyright, and order copies of your manuscript.